Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Can I make it?

It's 11:43 right now, and I want to try to post this entry up by midnight so that it doesn't say that I wrote this on the 15th. Anyways, it's freaking hot upstairs right now, but my parents are cheapos and I'm trying to be friendly to the environment, so for now I'll just have to bear with this humid weather. I haven't really been doing much lately, just finishing up some last minute work I procrastinated all summer long. I made out a end-of-summer list of goals and things I need to get done by each day. Today I promised myself I would outline for my IB essay, find all my sources, and start writing, and to my surprise, I followed through! Writing the extended essay is not as hard as I thought... I'm REALLY glad I picked art rather than science or english. Writing on art makes me feel like an art critic, and it's fun to just analyze the paintings. So today after searching through the shelves of over-sized books and making my mom and her library friends search for my books, I finally gathered a stack of good resources I can use for my essay. Two of them are specifically about Picasso's relationship with his women (he was SUCH a womanizer), and one is specifically a biography on Dora Maar herself. Wow. I love big libraries. It's great to go from a public library, disappointed and empty-handed, to a bigger library and finding books that will actually help me! =]

Yep yep. So I've begun writing, and I now have almost 1000 words. I like typing at CSUF; it's air-conditioned, the keyboards are nice, the computers are big and fast, AND they have the newest version of Microsoft Word, which I LOVE. Right now I'm waiting for my Microsoft Office 2007 30 Day Trial to finish installing. BUT YES, I love the new version. It makes me want to type and type and type and type...

I haven't seen many of my friends for a long time. I might go to Downtown Disney on friday, what about you Byron?? I want to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. I dont think I'm going to watch Rush Hour 3. Ok i'm tired. goodnight!

4 comments:

byron said...

i like my open office, microsoft word costs money! :p.

well...i doubt i'm going friday :( sorry.

wah. wah. so lonely here.

byron said...

stinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

byron said...

aw you havent updated yet.
its been a long time dudeee!
roarrr.!!!!

byron said...

stina oh stina is goneee.